I am so glad I came across this website. Women 2.0 is such an informational as well as motivational site. You can read stories from everyday women who let their determination outweigh their fear and just decided to do it! Any woman who is thinking of starting a business or in the beginning stages all the way to finish should check out the resources this site has to offer.
Many events are going down this summer for women entrepreneurs. Currently Women 2.0 is accepting applications for Pitch NYC 2012 at women2.com. This is specifically for businesses in the early stages of starting with at least one woman founder. Once you complete the application write your business plan on a napkin (yes you’re not trippin’ they want it on a napkin!) and send it to: Women 2.0 c/o Pitch NYC Director, 625 2nd Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107. Make sure you email a pic of the business plan on the napkin to email@example.com before sending your entire package. Included in your package film should be a 2 minute video pitch and turn it all in by October 1st then pack those bags, fill up your gas tank and join everyone at the conference.
Winner will get a 1 year service to RackSpace, a finalist interview for TechStars NYC Winter 2013 class, a L’Oreal women in Digital $25,000 Grant which gives you a year full of coaching, mentorship and introductions to VC partners. Nice look huh? Well if you have any questions email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit their website for more events but here are a few to put in your appointment book:
- StartUp Workshop – June 1st and 2nd in San Diego, CA. Workshop that helps businesses that are in their beginning stages.
- She Got Her Own – June 5th at 7p-10:30p in New York, NY. For beginning and seasoned entrepreneurs to be empowered.
- SVForum’s CXO Forum – June 12th at 11:30a-1:30p in Palo Alto, CA. Event that features experienced panelists giving advice on what investors look for in a company when evaluating an early stage investment.
- Micro Pitch Roundtable: Fast Feedback from Investors – June 20th at 6p-8:30p in Pan Alto, CA. A panel of investors will speak on creating that bomb 20 second micro pitch and will give suggestions on how to improve your own.
Peace and luv!
- Applications Now Open For PITCH NYC 2012 (women2.com)
- Why YOU Should Apply To PITCH NYC 2012 (women2.com)